(Unoffical) Bad Voltage Community TF2 Server

@dankles and I are proud to announce the availability the (Unofficial) Bad Voltage Community TF2 server!

@dankles and I have not yet decided on a date to host an event, but we’d thought we would release the server now so you guys can stress test it. If you want to join, there’s a fair chance there will be random people playing on it.

This server is currently pubic, available for anyone who finds it in the TF2 server listing. This is probably temporary, but if you have opinions regarding whether the server should be private or public, feel free to sound off.

#How To Connect

There are two ways you can connect:

1. Click this link: Bad Voltage Community Game Server (Opening the link in a new tab may help) Hopefully in the future I will have a shiny Bad-Voltage-Themed banner you can click.

2. Enable the console (Options>Keyboard>Advance) and type “connect badvoltage.freeslacker.com:27015”.

After you connect once, the server will show up in your history for easy joining later.

#Mumble Server

You can connect to the mumble server at badvoltage.freeslacker.com .

1 Like

Nice work, @MetaNova - what would be handy is if you and @dankles (and others if they can) can test it and make sure everything is working well, then pick a time/date to have our first gaming session. We can then start promoting it.

Maybe we can do a test session in the next week or so so we can test it before we announce the main session on the next show?

Certainly! We’ll keep you posted.

BUMP

Just saw this thread and as I am stuck at work I can’t pop into TF2 and try the server… So my questions are; is the server in use and do the Bad Voltage followers and presenters actually play on it? (And then on a different yet related note how many people here play games and are up for some multiplayer shenanigans?!)

##          ##
              ##      ##   
            ##############
          ####  ######  ####
        ######################
        ##  ##############  ##
        ##  ##          ##  ##
              ####  ####

I haven’t heard anything on this topic for a while. Would be great to get it up and running!

Honestly, the two times I tried having an event, even with mentions on the podcast (Thanks, BTW!) I could never get anyone to show up. I had assumed there must not be much crossover between gamers interested in TF2 and the Bad Voltage audience. I’d totally be willing to do it if enough people would actually show interest, but otherwise I end up sitting alone on a server for two hours.

That’s a shame. Would anyone be interested in joining online gaming?

Well I am :smile:

Woot! If a few more people would show interest that would be awesome. I’ll have to talk to @dankles though. I have no idea if the server is even still running.

To be honest I am not to concerned in having a dedicated server, I would rahter see some (semi)-dedicated players :stuck_out_tongue:

I still have the mumble server up and running, though unfortunately the TF2 server I ended up taking down.

EDIT:
I’m happy to try something again. Do we want to try floating ideas about other games too? Or if TF2 still the pick?

YES, YOU LAZY BASTARD! :wink:

In other, completely unrelated news, Jono hasn’t been on Battlefield 4 for ages. Blah blah job yadda yadda kid waffle waffle whatever.

Mind you, there was like nada response to our wee call for additional PS4/BF4 players when we first started mooting that, so I think @metanova has a point about lack of crossover. I guess most open source fans don’t like the idea of coughing up the spondoolicks for those rotten, closed source, proprietary games … * runs *

1 Like

4 Likes

Now that I’m signed up: Yes, I’d be up for a round of TF2! Or L4D2 for that matter. :wink:

Maybe you guys could use http://doodle.com/ to find a good time for everyone to play.

Well I just installed: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/ubuntu-14-04-ppa-installation-instructions.16495/ and now I can stream games with the same bells and whistles Windows users have \o/

I would participate in TF2 when time allowes it (I’m not a student anymore since this week ;( )

I would join in now and then.

http://doodle.com/278qumxdep6ve7s6

1 Like

Ugh, as I am working the next day and the proposal is Sat. @ 21:00 for me I could join in but only for an hour or so :confused: (stupid round earth with time zones :/)