Welcome and Introductions!

Hell no I never apologised for calling Bryan and Chris Bert and Ernie. Have you heard @bryanlunduke on Bad Voltage? He is Bert. :slight_smile:

Although according to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_F5G0evZTI that may be more @jonobacon

I think Jeremy might be Count von Count.

Stu-Stu is Maria. Definitely Maria.

Also, to be fair, my eye-brows are pretty rape-y.

No need really. We were pretty “Bert and Ernie”. They were spot on about that.

Just like those Lug Radio boys were very boy band. 1D ain’t got nuthin’ on old-school LugRadio.

Yes indeed. Consciously so, although Jono will deny it and say we were metaaaaaal

I agree, the only they have is huge success, giant bucket-loads of money, and an endless line of adoring female fans.

…kind of like LugRadio.

That’s roughly us. Examine LugRadio Live USA.

Hello from NM All,
I am a retired vet of 22 yrs of service who stumbled across your show via Bryan’s blog. I listened to Bryan back in the day and continued creeping around through ISC beta and all the transition’ators he has put out on the web. I have been following Jono through articles on Linux mags and interviews. When I heard that the podcast had gone 8 whole episodes I listened ep9 and was hooked. I listen to podcasts over TV and traditional radio and needed something new for my pod catcher and you guys fit the bill perfectly. Keep it up

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @mongoose961! Great to have you here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is sort of a magic point isn’t it? When a show can go 8 episodes without imploding you know it’s going to keep on trucking. :smile:

And, hey, welcome!

2 Likes

Hey,
From Vancouver, Canada here, I did CS for school and program for a living now. I’ve successfully only worked jobs so far working with open source tools (first at a website agency slinging websites on linux, php, apache, and now at a product company deploying a service on Linux with Go, Python and php) so I’m pretty happy about my early career trajectory and success. I was a long time LugRadio listener (since season 2) and enjoyed my bi weekly dosage of British and Humour. Many things British are good and pleasant (from Red Dwarf, to fine authors like Warren Ellis) and was sad to see it decommissioned (:: ahem :: pod fade). When I saw (via Aq or Jono’s blog (I follow loads of blogs in NewsBlur from Linux devs)) that the two original instigators were starting up a new podcast there really was no choice but to tune in. So far it’s been pretty good and I hope to get to the point where I am frequently visited by “lug radio syndrome” while on transit :smile:

1 Like

Greetings Naughty Electricians,

zbreaker here. Just stumbled upon the podcast of late. Fantastic stuff. I’ve familiarity with the cast from previous endeavors. The podcast and interaction of distinct personalities is both engaging and at times hillariously entertaining. Looking forward to good things faulty current wise :wink:

Acesabe checking in too, long time listener to the madness of Jono and Aq since the LUG Radio days, long term Linux user, long time Mepis forum member/admin, long term Ubuntu forum member (since 2006) albeit not very active, and general open source delusional with an enjoyment for the non ‘pc’ sort of humour that often can be found in such circles!

Hi folks. I’m Steve, a web developer in Norfolk with a side interest in games. Long time fan of LugRadio, Shot Of Jaq, LQ and LAS too.

1 Like

hi there. i am still suffering the void that struck me after the final lugradio show became horrific reality.

i just stumbled into bad voltage on twitter and am more than happy to get the so long missed brit style rants back into my ears.
me i am a software developer struggling with the software crisis for ages and moved away from ubuntu to macos until the year of the linux desktop finally arrives. it sure will. sure…

thanks for the show and keep ranting.

marcus

1 Like

Hi, I’m a developer/IT support person for a university in Dunedin, New Zealand. Google it… there’s only one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome, @aaron, to the fun that never ends. :slight_smile:

Oh… well if it never ends then that explains oh so much. :wink:

Hey everyone,
I wanted to drop in now that I am caught up on the catalog thus far. The show is great, and I really love the chemistry that everyone has with one another, especially with Big Stu and BryBry.

So, I have been using Linux and various other FOSS projects since I first blew up a Windows computer I had as a kid, when I didn’t have a replacement 3.1 set of disks and had to buy an old ass version of Red Hat from Staples with my allowance money. That was probably around 95, and after dualbooting for the next decade or so, I made the complete switch and haven’t looked back.

So I did the Army thing for 5 years and still work in Defense doing contracting and consulting now, which seems to really gain a ton of really shitty responses in the Open Source community, but hey, I really enjoy it, and I still need to pay the bills. Actually, if anyone isn’t familiar, the military industrial complex uses an absolute ton of FOSS projects, and the past few years, there has been a a very concentrated effort to really replace all of the commercial, closed products that we can.

Anyways, I do mostly systems engineering/solution architecture/general problem and requirements solution with new technology. I code when I have to, Java and Python mostly, but I’m all about using stuff that’s already done. On a personal note, I love guitars, sports, muscle and sports cars, video games, and my dog (boxer).

I look forward to lurking and hearing more episodes!

M

You box your dog? Dude, harsh. Is that even legal?

Well, it takes a while for an old man to figure out there is an introduction thread.

My name is Greg. I’m an old man, or at least feel like one. If you have read my posts, you have probably figured out what most people have: It’s best to just humor this guy and basically ignore him.

However, if you like something I do say, please, no applause, just send money. :smile: