Welcome and Introductions!

Hi I’m Kurt can’t say I was a long time LugRadio listener because I didn’t find you guys until episode 1 of Bad Voltage but I will say I have enjoyed the first 4 episodes of Bad Voltage. I’m from Pennsylvania in the US have severe social anxiety issues so spend most of my time in front of the computer. Well thats all it’s nice to be here.

Welcome to the funhouse, Kurt. :slight_smile:

I’m neuro. I break stuff. Errr, I mean, I fix stuff when other people break it. I was a LUGRadio ninja. Ninjas like breaking stuff. Errr, I mean, fixing stuff when other people break it.

Sub-par.

All hail the ninjas. :slight_smile:

Hello, my name is Lyle, but I’m know most everywhere as x1101. I’m a father, husband, cook, IT professional, and all around geek.

So, howdy!

1 Like

I’m Charles Johnston, one of the listeners. Currently unempoyed IT in the Centeral Ohio Area. I wrote W8KWA’s D-Star for Dummies released under Creative Commons, (Ham Radio book on getting started with D-Star). I am the guy who named his cat Tora “Jono” Johnston. I’m into Movies, Odd Music / Filk, podcasts, Ham Radio, and Sci-fi, Fantasy, Urban Paranormal novels. I also enjoy writing (or at least the process of it). :wink:

2 Likes

I’m Brad Alexander, aka VulcanRidr. I’m a Linux sysadmin, former podcaster (yes, I podfaded early). All around geek, former Lugradio listener, current LAS listener, etc. I listen to about two dozen Linux and tech podcasts. Bad Voltage is a welcome addition to my stable. With @jonobacon and @sil on the cast, I’m prepping myself for the Lugradio effect…

1 Like

Greetings everybody!

I am Mirco Müller and go by the nickname “MacSlow” in all things online. Back in the day I used to be a LUGradio addict and was in therapy because of it. Only recently I recovered… just in time to stumble across BadVoltage.

To compensate for my mental focus on ubuntu and computer-graphics, I ride motorcycles or spent short periods of time in mir air upside down.

Best regards…

MacSlow

1 Like

Bryan - You were awesome in that show.

My name is Eric Beyer and I am a general pediatrician in upstate New York. I have been enjoying the living crap out of your show. I look forward to many more.

I have no formal training in linux, IT or software development, having absorbed the sum total of my knowledge in that area from podcasts like this one and that other show Bryan refers to. But like a lichen absorbing water and nutrients from the tundra I have learned to adapt and survive in this diverse and wondrous ecosystem.
EB

Eric, I have been enjoying the living crap out of your comment.

1 Like

There’s something about enjoying something until the crap comes out of it that suggests to me that you might be enjoying it a little too much.

Never!

My name is Landon Jones. My greatest achievement in life came when my email was read during Episode 1X05. I’ve been programming since my junior year in high school back in 1993. I run Ubuntu on my workstation, Mac OS X on my laptop and Android on my phone and tablet. I found out about Bad Voltage by following Bryan on Twitter. I own 'Linux is Badass’ and you should too!

2 Likes

Welcome, @landon, to the fun house. :slight_smile:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Landon rules.

1 Like

HI,
I’m Pauly. I found my way here after googling to see what Lunduke was up to.
I study maths and write Monte Carlo simulations in c.
I’m re falling in love with Linux and open source after a few years of apathy.
I’ve really enjoyed this podcast so far and I’m excited to see what becomes of it.

2 Likes

Nobody should ever know what @bryanlunduke is up to.

Welcome to the funhouse, @pauly! :smile:

2 Likes

Stu-Stu is absolutely right about this.

I shall defer to @sil’s grand logic.

Mbs here, long time linux user and listener of both Linux Action show and Lugradio. It’s great to see old posters from both in here.

But on a side point did Aq or Jono ever Apologise for calling Bryan and Chris “Bert and Ernie”? Also if i remember correctly there was mentioned “Rapist Eyebrows”