Podcast Suggestions (other than BV)

Gnu World Order.

A new podcast https://chooselinux.show/

It’s just starting. A mix of one starting Linux and a Linux curmudgeon.

I end up using one of the many available online. youtube mp3 converter at DuckDuckGo

The following will pull the audio from a youtube video:

youtube-dl -x --audio-format mp3 YouTube

I thought I would re-visit this one as my podcast usage has changed since my first reply.

I use Pocket Casts as my go-to podcast app. Syncing is awesome and it has the best implementation of silence skipping out of everything I’ve tried.

I am flying internationally a lot at the moment (at least once a month) so I listen to them on the plane. But now I have my Pixel 3 and a Google Home Mini in my home office I listen to them whilst I work during the day too.

My current list:

• Bad Voltage (obviously)
  • Friday Night Comedy from Radio 4 - Cycles through different shows every few months
  • News Quiz Extra from Radio 4 - Highly recommend if you like the Friday Night Comedy podcast, it is an extended version of this particular show with outtakes, etc…
  • Andy Parsons - Slacktivist Action Group - Seems dead now
  • Linux Action News
  • Late Night Linux
  • Fedora Podcast - Dead
  • Ubuntu Podcast
  • Infinite Monkey Cage
  • The Political Party
  • Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!
  • User Error
  • Destination Linux
  • Reasons To Be Cheerful - This one surprised me, an Ed Miliband podcast. Despite what you may think about his leadership (I am not a Labour voter) there are some really interesting topics. I wish I had discovered this sooner.
  • The Butterfly Effect - Dead?
  • Command Line Heroes
  • Adam Ruins Everything - Dead?
  • Still Untitled: The Adam Savage Project

All this does mean I’m typically constantly 2 weeks behind listening to things but I try to prioritise Bad Voltage and the Radio 4 comedy podcasts (since they are news/current affairs based) when they are released.