So we all (most likely) listen to Bad Voltage, but it is among a lot of other podcasts. I thought people might enjoy sharing the other podcasts you listen to. This should not be limited to technology podcasts, in fact I often find the best new podcasts are ones that introduce me to an area I’m less familar with. I think we should put an emphasis on podcasts which are still running.
A loose list of mine;
- Bad Voltage
- Linux Voice Podcast
- great podcast by a great group of Linux guys. Graham has been on BV.
- Dan Carlins Hardcore History
- infrequent, long but enjoyable podcast.
- Irish times world view.
- Good for catching up with world news that is easy to overlook or misunderstood. Presentation style is a bit serious.
- Really fantastic podcast, content is amazing and well put together and about an hour long. Love to see a new one of these in my feed.
- Planet Money
- Another wonderful offering, by NPR, very interesting snippets in varying lengths, very very few of which I don’t come out the other side being more knowledagable or less entertained.
- This American Life
- Only recently subscribed, and haven’t listened to one in earnest as of yet. I’ve heard good things.
- Off the ball
- Irish radio show podcasts. Excellent sports coverage, but a little local specific.
- Second Captains
- Irish podcast on all sorts of sports. Again has an irish focus, but the presenters are highly entertaining
- Slate’s Hang Up and listen
- A podcast to keep me in touch with the American side of sports. I’m an infrequent listener.
For podcast management I use:
- Antennapod on Android (opensource and a pretty nice app).
- Gpodder on Linux.