John McAfee speak's out about Google!

Which racial slur are you refering too? are you a Kike? Chink? Niger? if your racially offended then do excuse the fact it’s the interet and it’s filled with ass-holes!

I’ve always been fond of the word spick… Considering I grew up in there country!

VIVA - la revolution!

OK. Banned. You are not interested in having a discussion, just being disrespectful. This is not welcome in this community.

The racial slur I was referring to was:

Just saying your an idiot… when was 9/11 in the US an the reclimation of the Patriot act US… who jus supplied iSiL with weapon’s, including the CIA requisition order for half a million AK-47 Magazines funneled into islamabaddie? Funneled into the region by the CIA out of northern ireland, Jus Sayin! Allah awakbar! For god is almighty jus sayin! An when the god believers are all up in your face, jus sayin, it might be an idea to run back to your jewish friends and there palastinian gas field’s jus sayin… wasnt that how WWII got started, because some-one let the Jew’s control the world bank?? Jus Sayin!

LOL so your an unbeliever, or one of the faithless, what you dont believe in the word of Allah… then you must be a JEW!

Dear SuperMax1,

I’m not sure as to what it is you want. But, if you are true to the posts that you have made, it is not hard to imagine that life must be miserable for you, that you must be in a pitiable situation, an unhappy lot that you find yourself in. I sincerely hope that someday you do find true happiness.

Regards,
Greg

1 Like

OK, @SuperMax1 shouldn’t be bothering the forum any more.

2 Likes

It’s a shame he/she is banned, because I wanted to address this little snippet (because I’m a fact-checking mo’fo).

It would have been nice to hear what knowledge they were going to drop on us, but realistically … Level 3 have the assignment to 8.0.0.0/8 from ARIN, and Google apparently applied for, and received, the subassignment of 8.8.4.0/16 and 8.8.8.0/16 from Level 3.

Simples.

@SuperMax1 is probably frothing into their coffee right now because they can’t respond with some random nonsense. Ho hum!

@jonobacon, I do believe this is our (unfortunate) first banning. I wonder if it’s worth reiterating in the next episode how important respect is amongst this community (as it should be everywhere really, but we can’t all have rainbows and ice cream), and that this sort of behaviour won’t be tolerated in the forums or elsewhere in our conversations? I know it should be obvious, but …

Given I’ve read (and written) responses to @SuperMax1, this is a new definition of disrespect I’m entirely unaware of.

This is our first ban, and I do plan on reiterating this on the next show. No community can prosper without respect at the core.

1 Like

You’re a good man, Charlie Brown.

I sure hope that, as happens so often in forums, it won’t be that the same person will try again and again with new names. I just wonder if an unwritten, unspoken policy of completely ignoring such people would be effective. What I mean is if it is noticed that a person is obviously trolling, then we, as forum participants, absolutely refuse to respond to, or even read their posts. If they were to start a thread, they would see that the view count would be zero. If you see their avatar, you just skip to the next post, let alone respond to it. In this way, the troll will become bored and simply go away. I am sure banning for such ones is like a trophy. This person obviously was trying to get banned.

Just an idea.

He tried that, so I marked him as a spammer, so he is banned from that IP.

Well, I learned another thing today. Wow, I’m almost reaching my quota for the month and it’s only the 11th!!

1 Like

@nero, too bad her Majesty is no longer with us, this thread could have been entertaining.

I’m all for cursing and swearing in a discussion, it ads color and nuance to the language, it should be used like any other spice and be balanced whit sane argumentation, valid arguments and respect.

We have nothing against bad language or colorful language; people can say fuck or shit as much as they like. :smile:

The issue here is with respect: we expect everyone here to treat each other well, no matter how they view a topic.

I wonder if we could benefit from some simple guidelines about what is OK and not OK?

My point exactly “bad language” should always be used as a spice, never as a stick to hit other people whit. It’s like, I like chili in certain foods, but I would hate to have chili rub in my eyes :smiley:

Another thing entirely - just a pinch of chili in a cup of warm chocolate is awesome and then some :blush:

I like the way you put this, as a spice, not a weapon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A Danish bishop once stated that "If a conversation do not involve bad language, then you are not discussing any ting of relevance."
The thing to remember is, that even though we are not face to face, we are all real people. In the words of Johannes Sløk, we all carriage the other person’s life in our hands.

1 Like

I think no. We have simple guidelines: as you said, “[t]he issue here is with respect: we expect everyone here to treat each other well, no matter how they view a topic”, and every single page says “don’t be a dick” on it. Having a list of written-down rules leads to rules lawyering and arguing about what the rules mean.

3 Likes

Simple, easy to understand principles (as opposed to a list of rules) have always worked best.