Closed Poll: The Reverso Debate, Bryan vs Stuart: Desktop UIs, complexity vs simplicity

I don’t go mad. I just smoke more :slight_smile:

Well, put down your smokes, because it looks like my Bad Voltage Contest Winning Streak ™ is coming to an end. You’re currently crushing me. :smile:

Bryan has won too much already - this one goes to Stuart. How’s that for rational voting!

2 Likes

There’s time for you to rally, I’m sure…

I usually lean towards the extreme Bryan, but Stuart babbling about the benefits of MS windows just can’t be reckoned with.

And deep down inside, we all know Bryan really loves Unity.

Heh. Well said. :slight_smile:

Stuart’s babbling about the benefits of MS windows, made the rest of his argumentation fall flat on it’s face.

Well, looks like I made a small rally, last night! Though you’re still a good 5 ahead of me.

When do we stop the polling? Does it run until the next episode?

I reckon @jeremy can declare a stop at an appropriate point. Impressed with the rally, although the chap who thinks that mentioning Windows in a positive way is itself grounds for condemnation needs to have a long talk with himself about whether he’s the problem.

That is a good question. And one we probably should have decided before opening the poll. Maybe one week from the time the episode was released?

–jeremy

2 Likes

Has it been said what, if anything, the victor wins (apart from bragging rights, of course)?
EB

One week sounds solid to me. If there are no objections, let it be so!

As of right now the score sits at 10 - 17, with Stuart in the lead.

Uhhhh… I don’t think we ever came up with anything. :smile:

As I understand it, next time is @jeremy vs @jonobacon and then there’s a final fight between the winners, but what the eventual winner wins is unrevealed at this time

And, by “unrevealed”, Stuart means “we have no freaking clue”.

2 Likes

Shush, Penfold.

1 Like

this is the first episode of this awesome show that ive watched and im hooked. it was hilarious. i hope this segment continues it was amazing

1 Like

This was the first comment of by your awesome self that I’ve read… and I’m hooked. I hope this sort of comment continues. It was amazing.

2 Likes

hahah thanks. i got led to this show by you by the way. i was on youtube and ‘‘linux sucks’’ popped up on the homepage and i watched that and i followed you on twitter and got led here

I reckon we just keep it open until the next show, this ensure people have the maximum amount of time to listen to the show and vote. We then just close the current poll when the next show goes live. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect. That gives me plenty of time to lose by a landslide.