Trivia: Tell us all a fascinating fact about yourself

@parzzix from what I remember being reported by the news at the time it sounds like you have an interesting story to tell and I for one would love to here what it was like from somebody who was actually there.

Don’t feel pressurised into doing anything you don’t feel comfortable with but, if you happy to share your story I’m sure it’s not just Jono and myself who will want to hear it.

1 Like

Absolutely, no pressure. :slight_smile:

I recently started Freelining. It’s a hybrid between penny boarding and inline skating. It was invented in the USA in 2003, but I’m pretty sure that I’m amongst the only 20 guys in Belgium who do it. Downright hipster :smiley:.

Sure

hmm— my stock answer is, I was New Years baby 1980, in Hazelton, Pennsylvania. I was actually born on Jan 2nd, so it must have been a slow year.

I wrote ‘W8KWA’s D-Star for Dummies’, a book about getting started with D-Star for the Amateur Radio Community thats being used on at least 5 continates now.

1 Like

Bonus fact: I’m an alumni of Milton Hershey School-- a boarding school (previously an industrial school, previously an orphanage) started by the founder of Hershey Chocolate, with his wife Catherine, in 1909. At the school, you live in a sort of simulated family unit, with a married couple and 10-14 other kids. I was there from 4th grade until graduating high school. The school (via a trust company)is the largest holder of Hershey stock, and also owns the company that runs Hersheypark and some other entertainment and hotel properties.

The school also played a role in last seasons Mad Men finale.

Awesome. I will send a private message to coordinate times. Thanks!

Hey all! I thought this would be a great topic for my first post.

I graduated from the University of Minnesota Duluth a little over two years ago and since then I have worked for a small managed services provider in MN, have recently started a position with a much larger company (for privacy and to avoid possible issues with this company I will not say what company it is), and have purchased my first home!

1 Like

Sounds funny, I’m doing freebording, it’s like snowboarding on the road.
I’m not good at all but it’s fun.

1 Like

Wow, that looks very cool! At first sight I thought it was some kind of weird longboard, but that site explains it all :slight_smile:
I’m already a bad snowboarder, so the thought of being locked to a board, on a road… you won’t be falling in soft snow, right? Respect points to you for doing this! Ö

Btw, it just so happened that I did a Freeline run this evening, and I’m pretty proud of my progress ^^.
(random fact: not that it’s visible, but I’m wearing a Linux T, so posting it here makes sense)

One of our family in Canada, has traced the family line all the way back to “Eadnoth the Constable”(born c. 1015), steward to Edward the Confessor.

Through that, the (extended) family has links to Berkeley Castle, and the Fry family (of Fry’s Chocolate).

Doesn’t have much bearing on daily life, but it is quite awesome.

I’m a froggy but I can speak Chinese (Mandarin)! Well, probably not well enough to spice up a political debate, but good enough to interact daily with Taiwanese people (I live in Taiwan). Next step: learn as many funny stuff and insults in the local dialect (Taiwanese/Minnan), cause Chinese is really boring for that.