My smugness may hold no boundaries

…if indeed my much mocked Facebook prediction comes true. Signs are looking good:

As I’m catching up with the back catalogue, it’s interesting how many predictions were roundly lambasted but are now true a few years later. Maybe you could do a bit of a roundup on how th historic predictions have gone?

Oooh, I love this idea. :slight_smile:

That looks less advanced than the virtual world I was working in over 9 years ago.

I made my first money as a developer working in Second Life. An interesting place, much like the internet, falling into some rather questionable lands with very little effort.

I did get $50 dollars for making an interactive quiz for someone. Was a very nice programming experience, in that it was very visible, and came with lots of cool event hooks on which you could trigger.

50 bucks, nice :slight_smile:

I still get a L$300/wk stipend into my ex-staff complimentary account, which I think works out at about $60/yr! Pays for my in-world helicopter obsession at any rate.

Also how does this world work for people that like a third person view. How would you change clothes on an avatar if you have to find a mirror instead of being able to set privacy on an area and change on your roof so you get lots of different viewing angles.

Please respect our code of conduct which is simple: don't be a dick.