Is anyone making a BV Android app?

Very cool!

I would say the order of importance is the order I listed them in. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

No problem!

It may take a while though, I’ve not got much free time :smile:

Nice work!

Message me if you’d like help with graphics, icons, etc.

Cheers man,
I’m still working on the streaming side of things, so feel free to make some UI icons, if you want.

There is an Android app for discourse.

I started work on a freedom-hating iOS app: https://github.com/Ld00d/badvoltage

So far, it

• Fetches the latest feed and displays the episodes.
  • Shows the summary in the player view.
  • Plays the episode, fast-forwards, rewinds, pauses, and stops.

TODO:

• Clean up the play/pause image swap.
  • Finish the disabling of controls.
  • Handle errors better.
  • Ensure playback continues in background mode.

Feedback/help welcome.

@Ld​00d very, very, cool!

I will ask @sil to check it out and provide more focused feedback; he has an iPhone. Thanks so much for helping here. We are not far being able to have an apps page on badvoltage.org! :slight_smile:

Erm. How do I test it? I can’t compile apps because I don’t have a Mac. Do I need to provide you with my edid or something?

I let my dev account lapse, so I have to get one. After that, yeah, there’s an ID on the phone I’ll need to create the provisioning. It’s not quite ready to test yet.

well, let me know what you need and I’ll provide. :smile:

Just wanted to give an update on this.

The iPhone app is really close to being beta for @sil. I just need to get the funds together to get back in the app store (a huge downside to iOS dev). I have a side project coming up that should take care of that.

Screenshots updated here: https://github.com/Ld00d/badvoltage

Also, I tried getting @joe’s project loading, but Android Studio isn’t liking the project set up. Is there missing gradle stuff in the repo?

1 Like

yep, i’ll push the repo when i get home

1 Like

@Ld00d / @joe This all sounds brilliant.

One thing I would love to do is get a page up on the main Bad Voltage website that links to the apps. It could provide screenshots and then details of how to download them.

I assume that the apps will be available in the respective stores?

I know @sil is going test the iPhone app, @joe can you put the Android online somewhere so I can test it?

Thanks!

I need to get a wiggle on with it, been manic for the last couple of weeks! I’ll push what I have so far when I’m home.

After we beta with @sil, and it gets through approval yes.

I’ll be home this weekend, so will try and get as much as I can done then.

@joe I’ve recently written a Firefox OS app that through magic also runns on Android.

What you need to do in brief:

1. Install firefox for android
  2. Go to the firefox marketplace
  3. Search for Bad Voltage
  4. Click Install
  5. Allow the installation of non Google Play apps in your settings
  6. Listen to Bad Voltage!

Have fun!

Nice!

Nice, works even on my Jolla using Android runtime :smiley:
(Running a FirefoxOS app in Firefox running in Android runtime running on SailfishOS)

Btw.: I’m not a very good designer - so if there is anyone who wants to do a better css. I’m happy to take it:)