Feedback Requested: How to spread the word about Bad Voltage?

@sil @bryanlunduke they’ll make a film about this one day.

I find this really sad and pathetic. Especially after the plug you gave after you left the show, 9 Linux podcasts you should follow | Network World and how on your blog when you left, you did not mention anything negative, but rather gave the impression that you and Chris were still friends. And then posting the nerf attack on the LAS crew at LNW on youtube. Oh well. People are people.

Hey, that’s better results than others have gotten in the past! Normally anything having to do with me just gets removed entirely. I’d jump in, but they explicitly ban me from posting there… (they prefer to be able to attack folks who can’t respond, methinks).

You know, the fact that those guys have a bit of a stick up their butts about me is really quite okay. They’re allowed to have stick-filled butts. It’s their right. I wish it weren’t the case… but they seem to have this strange perception of me (fuelled, in large part, by made up events – and spread by one or two people). I think the folks at JB now just needed a villain… and I was the easiest target. But, honestly… it’s really okay. I don’t think (at this point) that it’s worth getting into a discussion with them about it. I mean… you’re more than welcome to talk to them about it… but I really don’t expect it to go well. :smile:

Right? Everyone has their bad moments. Heaven knows I’ve had mine! :smile:

Maybe, some day down the road, Chris and the JB crew will shake off their shackles of hatred and we can all go out for burgers.

Side note: “Shackles of hatred” is an awesome phrase. I’m going to pledge to use it at least one more time today.

1 Like

Well, thus far the LAS reddit seems happy to discuss BV, and Chris at LAS invited me into their Mumble channel to talk about the show and things, so perhaps there’s not as much bad blood as one might have thought. Olive branches are extended, etc – one big happy community, hooray.

I think there some some LAS fans who see conflict where none really exists. Who gives a shit? People can listen to more than one podcast. :slight_smile:

d’oh! http://www.reddit.com/r/LinuxActionShow/comments/2dcsb0/something_i_have_enjoyed/cjoios3

Hey, I like olive branches! And that’s definitely the first sign of “I won’t attack Bryan” I’ve seen or heard of in quite a long time, so I’ll take it as a sign of progress!

I’m not holding my breath, though. :wink:

Just wondering how many are listening due to the efforts of spreading the word on other forums and such.

8 billion. Give or take.

Is that give or take 8 billion?

Do we know how many people are downloading the show now, and are the mainly ogg or mp3 downloads?