Competition! Maaashed Voltage

Jono, You’ve done Q&A’s and many other podcasts, and so has everyone else, Just wondering, does all the audio have to be from badvoltage?
If not, for an example, could we create something that makes it sound like you’ve had someone such as Obama on the show or something by mashing his voice in with the badvoltage audio?

Can we use creative commons music for the remix? Or does all the audio have to come from the show?

The audio can come from anywhere, so long as it is compatible with the license of our show (Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike). I have updated the rules to reflect this.

1 Like

Yes, yes it is a rule

If so Bacon must be mocked as well - just saying; If you spread it, you should get it.

1 Like

so for Jono and Aq , all or most of Lugradio is available as source material too!

I, for one, fully support this! Bring on the Bacon mockery

2 Likes

All we need is Bryan saying that he exposed himself to his Xbox one and Bacon saying that he’d love to have been there, or he wanted to see it, and then we’ve mocked and embarrassed both Bacon and Lunduke at the same time!

3 Likes

Sorry for bringing it up but I could not resist - maybe there are some good sound bits in ‘beer is tasty’. Have Bryan do a rant about Bacon not drinking beer.

Can’t wait for this… :slight_smile: When is the closing date?

@cedeon:

:smile:

sorry I was temporarily blinded by enthusiasm and missed the bold and obvious text.

Glad you like the idea of the competition. I think it will be huge fun. :slight_smile:

@jonobacon and @sil I’ve just discovered Shot of Jaq which you produced together. Was that podcast released under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike licence an hence plunder-able for people taking part in the competition in the same way much of Lug Radio is?

Yep; Shot of Jaq is under a CC BY licence, I think, @jonobacon? It might be CC NC BY, but you can certainly use it for this competition anyway.

CC BY SA. :smile:

Yep, plunder away with the Shot Of Jaq and LugRadio archives!

In case you want to pilfer old audio of me, I believe all of the old (with me) Linux Action Show episodes are all CC. As is the old Beer is Tasty show I did. And they’re all up on Archive.org. I think.

Old Linux Action Show:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=linux%20action%20show

Beer is Tasty:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=beer%20is%20tasty

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to hearing some of the results that come of this. Will make for a great show.

UPDATE: we have extended the deadline to September 17th. Get your entries in!