Closed Poll: Reverso Debate, Jono vs Jeremy: Figureheads

I felt this debate was a bit less intense than the Bryan Vs. Stuart one. However, I liked @jeremy’s conclusion better, so here we go, one more vote for him!

I think both presenters were really convincing. Bacon sounded like he was struggling a bit after Jeremy’s opening statement so my vote goes to @jeremy.

Hey, this is a poll. So, the politics started right away. Politicians always make promises. :smile:

To be fair…it was really tongue in cheek to offer a stupid incentive for entertainment value. Also…whatever…a charity benefits…this is not an election for a leader. :slight_smile:

Waiting for images to appear on G+ and twitter.

1 Like

Are you really not running for office somewhere??? :smile: It sounds like back-peddling to me!! :smile: :smile:

1 Like

A charity would benefit even more if you were to “man up” and agree to match @jeremy 's donation or start your own poll regarding who you should donate too regardless of who wins this competition.

Or, that was a quick and clever ploy on @jeremy part to gain votes, whereas @jonobacon already has a charity that he is committed to!

Edit: oops, should have listened to the end of the show before commenting. Sorry.

…but neither of them were as good as either Stuart or Brian. More passion and conviction, lads! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be fair…I started the whole charity donations thing. :smile:

We have some of the smartest listeners on the planet…

34 - 14, with @jeremy in the lead…

Great gugaunga’s! This is one serious trouncing!

That’s it. I’m taking sides.

@jonobacon, hold in there, buddy. Bryan’s on the way.

Definitely getting trounced. Troops required. Pls help.

BROTHERS! Now is the time when we must rise up against those who would seek to dominate us with their yada yada yada. Blaggedy blaggedy blaggey! Now! WHO’S WITH ME?!

To victory… and Bacon!

3 Likes

Hey Jono - I have voted for Jeremy but I can be bribed. Can’t remember if you said that you would also pony up for a charity but if you say so here and it is a good charity then I may switch.

I am also willing to donate $20 aud to the charity as well (I’m not flush with money) . If this reverso incentive thing works in your favour then feel free to claim the idea as yours.

Now just on the reverso debate - although I found Jeremy convincing I think I didn’t appreciate how difficult it is for the debaters to talk from the opposite view. I did like this one better than the other.

Jono defended his position with the same skill that the New York (american) Football Giant’s offensive line is defending Eli. But Bryan says vote for him, so I dutifully oblige.

True Story.

OK, I have been doing some thinking. Let’s up these stakes.

Irrespective if I win this poll, I will donate $100 to the charity that wins in @jeremy’s poll (Closed Poll: Which Charity Should Jeremy Give $100 to?).

But, it doesn’t stop there.

If I win, I will donate an extra $200 to the winning charity.

In addition to this, I will change my avatar on this forum to a picture that @jeremy gets to choose (as a consolation prize).

Finally, I will do the Bad Voltage Bucket Challenge. I will pour a bucket with a mixture of ice, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and waste vegetables onto me, and I will video it for sharing in the community.

Remember, you can change your votes from @jeremy to me. Let’s do this.

I concur with Bryan, We have some of the smartest listeners on the planet…

–jeremy

While I can appreciate you wanting to face an adversary you think will pose less of a challenge, I’ll simply note that I stayed out of the previous debate completely. Take that for what you will.

–jeremy