Closed Poll: Reverso Debate, Jono vs Jeremy: Figureheads

True Story.

OK, I have been doing some thinking. Let’s up these stakes.

Irrespective if I win this poll, I will donate $100 to the charity that wins in @jeremy’s poll (Closed Poll: Which Charity Should Jeremy Give $100 to?).

But, it doesn’t stop there.

If I win, I will donate an extra $200 to the winning charity.

In addition to this, I will change my avatar on this forum to a picture that @jeremy gets to choose (as a consolation prize).

Finally, I will do the Bad Voltage Bucket Challenge. I will pour a bucket with a mixture of ice, ketchup, BBQ sauce, and waste vegetables onto me, and I will video it for sharing in the community.

Remember, you can change your votes from @jeremy to me. Let’s do this.

I concur with Bryan, We have some of the smartest listeners on the planet…

–jeremy

While I can appreciate you wanting to face an adversary you think will pose less of a challenge, I’ll simply note that I stayed out of the previous debate completely. Take that for what you will.

–jeremy

[quote=“angst7, post:36, topic:5356”] Jono defended his position with the same skill that the New York (american) Football Giant’s offensive line is defending Eli.
But Bryan says vote for him, so I dutifully oblige.
[/quote]

Which kind of defeats the purpose of actually having a debate followed by a vote. But on a brighter note, Go Bills!

–jeremy

In other words, you acknowledge that the fine Bad Voltage listeners seem to prefer my argument roughly three to one, but you’re not beneath attempting to buy votes and encourage people to vote without even listening (and I’ll concede the latter is probably in your favor). For the record, I continue to encourage all new listeners to actually listen to the debate and vote for whomever you think presented the best argument. You’ll get no “If I win” campaign promises from me (although you should head over to Closed Poll: Which Charity Should Jeremy Give $100 to? and help decide what charity I’ll donate to regardless of who wins).

–jeremy

2 Likes

…pretty much exactly that. :smile:

There is no doubt that within the context of this debate, you are the better man, but a man not willing to pour a bucket of filth on his head. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry. I’m in campaign mode now. I can only understand and respond to retorts that take the form of pictures with outlandish or derogatory words on them.

I’m confused wasn’t Jono a central figurehead for Ubuntu?

I may change my vote, but only if you do the Bad Voltage Bucket Challenge wearing a pink tutu and a plastic diamond tiara.

True, @jeremy probably would not be donating to charity had you not made your “if I win” offer. It probably did not cross his mind. But now he is and he has chosen a number of worthy causes for us to choose from.

Had you not made the offer , I would not be on your case, it’s not fair for me to question the size of your, or anyone else’s pocket. But, if you can afford to donate if you win, you can afford to donate if you don’t.

If you can remember back to Live 8 it was reckoned that someone dies needlessly as a result of poverty every 3 seconds. This has improved and I have recently seen figures stating it’s now closer to every 10 seconds. This is why I voted for Jeremy to donate to charity: water and why I regularly donate to WaterAid.

You may consider there are more deserving charities in need of your money and I urge you to put your money where you feel it can do the most good.

“Community” is clearly an important word for you and I’m sure you must agree that the best way to improve any community is to help the members in need.

Jono appears to be mailing everyone to vote for him too:

I voted for Jono. The reationale? More people driving a project means more chance of a free beer!

It is crystal clear. Both are worse, than Stuart and Brian. So I vote for Stuart and demand a rematch. :wink:

1 Like

While I concede that I have a bit of a soft spot for this guy

I have to say that Jeremy is definitely rising above in terms of both votes and moral ground. In fact, Jezza’s on some sort of moral Everest by comparison :smile:

For myself, I have done that :smile:

+1 for ‘semi british’… lmfao he completely does have a ‘semi’ british accent. Sorry… “he like, kinda does…”

@bkerensa that was correct up to about a month ago. @jonobacon got a new job at Xprize.

Though I believe he is still an official Ubuntu fanboy.

I’m astonished to find out that this is actually true…

–jeremy

What is the topic for the next debate? Would it be: Should @bryanlunduke win all the contests?

2 Likes

36 - 45. Jeremy in the lead.

The gap is closing fast! Only 9 votes separate the two opponents!