Bad Voltage Live: The video recording!

That is worth talking about. Fairly, incredibly rad, that is.

Of course it’s also worth talking about how FirefoxOS doesn’t run Unity.

That, also, is fairly rad.

1 Like

It is. Is it worth talking about in a discussion about what’ll unseat Android and iOS? Much less obvious.

Would you say the guy with the kilt that @jonobacon hugged was a typical American at these types of CON’s ?

No.

(Also this stupid forum software requires my response to be at least 10 characters long.)

@bryanlunduke How did you feel at finally doin’ your shampoo review ?

1 Like

Pleased.

(Side note: Anyone else want to punch our forum software in the mouth for requiring 10 characters in a reply? I don’t think the developers have ever heard of brevity.)

I suspect that the Discourse developers feel that one-word BryanReplies™ to a topic are, while accurate, not really engaging with the community in a useful way, with which I would concur :slight_smile:

1 Like

Says the man that just replied and felt compelled to engage. :smile:

1 Like

Reasonable points. I’d say answer 1) as my reason why you should have talked about it, but 3) is also true. I guess I didn’t interpret the segment as “what can we use instead of iOS or Android right now”; perhaps I missed the framing. Having said that, we are moving upmarket as we get more capable.

Then again, to be fair, if “it’s not ready yet to compete with iOS and Android” was a reason not to talk about an OS in this segment, I think a couple of the ones you did discuss are on shaky ground! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not disagreeing with you here, but this is what I meant when I said “Ubuntu and Tizen and Sailfish might not be successful at upturning the Western rich mobile world, but that’s what they’re trying to do. Mozilla aren’t; you’re pursuing a different market entirely.” Ubuntu is on very shaky ground right now as an iOS/Android competitor, but the eventual goal is precisely to be that. My read of Mozilla’s approach is that that’s not a goal at all; you’re not particularly interested in targeting the Western rich. Am I wrong there?

We hope that Firefox OS will eventually be competitive in, and popular across, all market segments. Because everyone needs a freedom option. We are currently choosing to focus on a subset of the market, but we won’t always be focussing there.

Ah! Fair play, then; I shall bear that in mind in future discussions! Thank you.