Ask Your Questions: Chris Anderson, 3D Robotics CEO, ex-Wired, author of The Long Tail

We are starting a new feature in the Bad Voltage community called The Listener Inquisition!

The idea is simple: you hear an interview on Bad Voltage, and you have your own questions you want to ask. We want to connect your questions to our guest.

As such, for many interviews we will create a thread where you can ask your questions and the guest will come back at a later date and reply as many as they can. So, let’s get started!

Chris Anderson (CEO of 3D Robotics, ex-editor of Wired, author of The Long Tail) was interviewed on S1E4 and we talked about technology, drones, Amazon PrimeAir, and more.

Ask your questions below and Chris will be back later to answer them!

Please get all your questions in by Wed 11th Dec. Thanks!

Can we ask questions for guests you had one before S1E4?

@mhall119 we will set up dedicated threads later for each guest. :slight_smile:

I don’t have a question for Chris Anderson, still haven’t listened to the interview. May I ask one after I listen?

Absolutely, go and listen and ask a question! :slight_smile:

With you current knowledge, to what extent do you feel safety can be assured with drones? There seems to be many variables involves in unmanned airbourne devices, but do you feel the technology is there to ensure they won’t inadvertently saw someone’s head off while delivering the latest Pokemon card set to someone?

Drones ans space exploration in particularly Mars and the Moon. Does he think that the industry is up to the task of creating robots used for mining as in digging tunnels, building habitats and more.

What does expect to see in 3 to 5 years in the future?

What are the biggest challenges when it comes to making robots? What is he as a representative of his company doing to help overcome those chalenges?

Simply keeping them small and light is the best solution. You can’t ensure 100% reliability so just ensure that when things go wrong, damage is limited (and nobody’s head gets sawed off!). We shoot for under four pounds and the fixed-wing aircraft are all made of foam.

1 Like

Absolutely, go and listen and ask a question!

@jonobacon I know that now is the wrng time - but how do I do this ?