3x63: Autonomous Helicopters

Jono Bacon and Stuart Langridge present Bad Voltage, in which Jeremy is temporarily not present, website hosting issues are acknowledged and briefly discussed, and:

Thank you to Marius Quabeck and NerdZoom Media for being our audio producers!

Honestly I’m just waiting for holo meetings in the style of Star Wars. Until I can just see you in 3D and you can just see me… I’ll stick with boxes on the screen instead of bulky headgear, thank you very much.

The best part off this episode was when when @sil drawled out “yeah…” in response to Jono!

Presence is definitely a thing. People are always wandering off during video conferences and coming back with a cup of coffee or their dog - they don’t even turn off the camera any more. They would never do that in-person!

You’ll get your video muted by me if you show up to anything work related as a freaking cartoon character - you know what’s great at conveying emotion? YOUR REAL FACE!!

Also, I had to jump through massive hoops just to get an encrypted memory stick from work, no way are they going to pay for everyone to have VR, and if people use their own, it’ll just segregate the teams into the haves and have-nots of who can afford them.