Stuart Langridge, Jono Bacon, and Jeremy Garcia are in your ears for the last time in 2021, as we look back on what we thought this year would be back in January, and then how it’s actually been now that we’ve lived through it. Yes, it’s prediction review time! Did you do better than us?
We will do better next year. And we plan to do so, live and on camera! Keep an eye out for our first live stream of a show recording, January 13th 2022!
Have great holidays, and see you all in the new year!
- [00:01:35] SIL: Remote work starts to hollow out cities
- [00:05:44] SIL: Social media credibility checker
- [00:09:37] SIL: Amazon buy Zoom
- [00:10:58] SIL: Bonuses - Canonical, Vaccinations, Apple
- [00:16:42] JG: Jeff Bezos richest man ever
- [00:18:09] JG: Google makes largest acquisition in history of company
- [00:19:20] JG: BTC below $5,000 or above $55,000
- [00:22:05] JG: Facebook loses 15%-20% of active user count
- [00:23:26] JG: Bonus - Amazon search engine, security breach larger than Solarwinds
- [00:27:29] JB: Sony releases PSVR headset V2
- [00:29:21] JB: vaccine passport required by airlines
- [00:34:45] JB: Donald Trump’s Twitter account disabled but not banned
- [00:35:52] JB: Zoom remote-working offering
- [00:37:48] JB: Bonuses - Facebook spaces, Canonical not getting acquired
- [00:41:12] Outro
Come chat with us and the community in our Slack channel via https://badvoltage-slack.herokuapp.com/!
Download from https://badvoltage.org
News music: Long Live Blind Joe by Robbero, used with attribution.
Thank you to Marius Quabeck and NerdZoom Media for being our audio producers!