Stuart Langridge, Jono Bacon, and Jeremy Garcia present Bad Voltage, in which we appeal for Colgate corporate sponsorship, nobody adds a fake notch, and:
- [00:01:30] Google release the Pixel 3 phone and Pixel Slate ChromeOS tablet/laptop, with no surprises given all the press leaks ahead of time
- [00:16:30] Google announce the upcoming shutdown of Google Plus, citing "low usage and engagement". It also seems they had a privacy leak of G+ user data which it's being claimed they covered up to avoid looking bad and might also have contributed to the decision. Something of a eulogy is required from us, G+ users in the past
- [00:31:48] Microsoft contribute 60,000 software patents to the open source world, which is pretty much an unambiguously good thing, surely?
- [00:41:26] Tim Berners-Lee unveils Solid, his new plan to upend the World Wide Web. Some thoughts on the philosophy it's trying to bring, and whether it's going to overturn everything (spoiler alert: no)
- [00:52:18] GDPR seems to be changing things, but in unpredictable ways: website trackers are down 4% in the EU, but up for US users. What's that all about?
- [00:56:05] A call to our community: Almost half of US cellphone calls will be scams by next year, and Jeremy's seeing this up at the sharp end. Are you also experiencing this radical rise in scam phone calls? Is this specific to the USA? We'd like to know: tell us on community.badvoltage.org or @badvoltage on twitter
Come chat with us and the community in our Slack channel via https://badvoltage-slack.herokuapp.com/!
Download from https://badvoltage.org