1x68: Nor is this

Now now, @bear454. Let’s be fair. It might not be a PEBKAC issue. It might be an ID-10T error.

Or, now that I’m really thinking about it, might be more of a Layer-8 problem.

Or…a joke, which is what it was. Let’s not get our underwear in a knot over a joke.

Of course it is capable of doing it: I just don’t know how and frankly, I don’t have the time to learn how. The amount of times I have to use Audacity for the show has been precisely once so this isn’t a use case that happens very often.

I am sorry the audio was a bit shit - it was. You are entirely entitled to criticize the audio quality…it was awful. That though, sadly, was an error or circumstance rather than normality - it was a last minute trip, I had totally different gear, I was limited in what I could take with me, and I had very little time for the show and limited resources to get it together. I hope you can put this one down as an exception to the rule and focus on the shows that have our usual audio quality.

@jonobacon: As a Frenchman living in Taiwan, I have to say something about your “food” segment.

First of all, as weird as it can be, the best Chinese food you can get might not be in China, but in Taiwan! :wink: If you (or anyone reading me for that matter) has the chance to go to Taiwan at some point, just go check Din Tai Fung!

And so, I learn that, as a Brit, you’ve discovered cheese IN THE US?! What’s wrong with you, Bacon?! Cheese-land was a Eurostar away from you! Anyway, your next challenge will be to eat Roquefort. Cause brie… come on, let’s be serious.

1 Like

Yeah, he could have been working at a standing desk!

I was cool with the audio stuff, but what’s about insulting “special” people?

“special” people?

Yeah, “special”. (the quotes are important)
Atleast that’s what people call me when I do crazy tricks with my underpanties.

PS:
Oh, BTW @jonobacon: get some proper hardware, haven’t you learned from the Bad Voltage Live disaster?
I know from 6th hand experience, that @bryanlunduke not only has the skills and expertise to help you out, but that he’s a giver and will sacrifice himself to guide your hardware choices back on the right track.
Just trust the man, seriously.