OK, folks, here we are with our very first Bad Voltage competition. The goal here is to have some fun and provide an opportunity to win some prizes!
How It Works
This is a dead simple and fun competition to join. All you need to do is download this PDF poster, print it out, and take a photo of you holding it. The most original or amusing photos can win a collection of free books from O'Reilly.
In terms of being original, think creatively - you might want to take your photo in front of a cool building/landmark, maybe strike an amusing pose, maybe visually mock a member of the Bad Voltage team. It is up to you!
Thanks to our friends at O'Reilly, we are offering the folowing prize packs:
- Winner - the winner can pick any five O'Reilly books which will be sent to you free of charge.
- Runner Up - the runner up can pick any three O'Reilly books which will be sent to you free of charge.
Please Note: O'Reilly can't send print books to some territories, in which case the winners will be provided with e-books. Of course, those of you who are in valid territories can also request e-books if preferred.
How To Take Part
Taking part is simple. Just follow these steps:
Download this PDF poster.
- Print it out.
- Take your photo with you holding the poster - the poster must be clearly visible.
- Post your picture online somewhere (e.g. Twitter/Blog/Flickr) and then post a link to your post on this thread. You will get a bonus point if you also embed the photo in this thread too. You can do this by adding this to your post:
- Wait patiently for us to announce the results on Season 1 Episode 10 of Bad Voltage (released on Wed 26th February 2014).
The closing date for submissions is Tuesday 25th February 2014
You can submit as many photos as you like, so get snapping!
Some simple rules:
- Any sexist/racist/pornographic/illigal or other offensive content is not eligable.
- You must pose with the poster; if you and the poster are not seen together, the entry will not count.
- The poster must be clearly visible.
- All judging decisions are final. There is no fancy judging system here: just which ones the presenters like most.
- All entries must be submitted no later than the Tuesday 25th March 2014.
- We may use your photo on the Bad Voltage website in a cool montage or something to show how awesome our listeners are. If you don't want this, let us know in your submission post on this thread.
- Complaining and bickering if you don't win will be ignored.
Many thanks to our friends at