Moto 360 supports wireless charging

Well, it says that it will be independent of the phone, but it can also connect to a phone if needed. This is what I want: a watch that is it’s own device and not dependent on a bluetooth connection to a phone.

Ah. I don’t want a watch that needs its own sim card in; I’m happy with it requiring a connection to a phone. Just not if it requires a connection to a specific phone or phone OS.

They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now, the Movado watch looks nice. But, I’m more old fashioned and like the deco style, such as this, of many decades ago, a style that I would think be extremely challenging, if not impossible to do for a smartwatch.

Well, Citizen’s gotten in the game now, with a completely different approach: an Eco-Drive watch (no charging aside from walking around with it) and a manual face with some subtle interactions.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-us/watches/watch-detail/?model=AT7035-01E

Looks pretty spiffy too :wink:

It can run the Bluetooth connection off a kinetic watch movement? Why doesn’t everyone do this? I wonder if you can run an eink screen off it too?

Yeah, sure a kinetic charger can keep up with BLE - Look at the Misfit Flash and its 6-month battery life… its the screens that suck battery life.

Incidentally, if you want something health-centric (not talking to you in particular @sil) - the Misfit devices are a hell of a lot better choice than any of the Android or Apple stuff.