Google Firing Engineer: Thoughts?

Really?

I vaguely know Tom, we have met a few times: Glastonbury,two years ago, most recently.

He would be flattered .Assuming I could arrange this (highly unlikely) he comes to the bar where you are drinking with your friends to serenade you. What song do you want him to sing?

1 Like

Holy shit, random flashbacks to being a kid sitting on the living room couch watching Cagney & Lacey and getting a tad confused and uncomfortable whenever Sharon Gless was on the screen. Random kid crushes! :slight_smile:

-n

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! Thank you :smiley: However, Iā€™m in Toronto so Iā€™m guessing itā€™s super incredibly unlikely. My favorite though is Delilah which is funny when you consider what itā€™s about and what this thread is. Iā€™ll just state now that Iā€™m certainly not advocating that! Itā€™s an amazing drunken karaoke/sing (well, warble off key in my case) along song though! :slight_smile:

LOL

Sorryā€¦ Canā€™t.Help.Myself.

Uh dude, you get that itā€™s not simply ā€œa sideā€ for me, right? Even though, I can put myself in anotherā€™s shoes and see some of their pointsā€¦well kinda. Iā€™m speaking in the broader scope of the core issue here; Like the whole ā€œpussy pass/women workers are nothing more than window dressingā€ thing, thatā€™s not going to work out for me even if I were ever to try. Also for a whole lot of other women and, when you really think about it, the women who practice that are being sexist themselves. Yeah, I said it (so whoever wants to can pile on for ā€œslut shamingā€, ā€œjust being jellyā€ or whatever), but fuck the world, Iā€™m not a ā€œnice girlā€ nor a ā€œmean girlā€ and I have a right to exist even so. Thatā€™s what it comes down to, eh? My very right to exist as I am unfettered.

Itā€™d be nice if ā€œsome womenā€ didnā€™t mean ā€œall womenā€ in some peoples minds. I think that comes from people circle jerking only one perspective. Seriously though, I swear to gawd I donā€™t share a hive mind with radoms ex-girlfriend, the mean girl bully at work, etc. etc. I think a lot of people get caught up in Us v. them (and the ā€œthemā€ all being a biased perception of ā€œthemā€) thinking like that. Thereā€™s no doubt nothing is going to change unless the problem is first acknowledged and then addressed as best as possible. So while itā€™s usually not pleasant, if you want to get rid of a hornets nest and all you have is a stickā€¦you gotta do some poking. Thanks and thanks to everyone, especially the mods, for poking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, totally - I was making a general point. I think you have proven on here that you like to explore different sides of an issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And if maybe if there were a procedure to put in belly windows. :smile: