Climate Change: are we screwed?

Can you provide a reputable source for this? By which I mean a link to an original scientific paper or serious science website such as Nature for example.

There is a clear link showing that CO2 levels population growth and fossil fuel burning all occurred at the same time and that during this time global temperatures have increased.

Carbon_Dioxide_400kyr

This image was lifted from Wikepedia, not always the most accurate source but I have seen graphs showing the correlation between CO2, population, temperature and fossil fuel usage in journals such as Nature: Climate Change in the past.

This could be a coincidence but seems unlikely. It is true to say that correlation and causation are separate things however but I believe that this does raise important questions.

I will reply in more detail once I have had time to locate relevant sources

There may not be a link but on the one hand if we are causing the climate to change and we take appropriate action we limit the effects. If non of this is from human causes what have we lost by taking action?

Weather != climate.

Well, actually with this particular system (same one responsible for the tornado Sunday in Alabama) the question has become a current narrative. If you’ll notice, this PBS article linked offers no definitive statement (mind you I’m inclined to see Bernie Sanders statements as too brash) much less a boolean one.

I’ll say it again, just with more words: weather is not the same thing as climate.

Climate scientists at NOAA gave their take in almost as little words:

Weather and climate describe the same thing—the state of the atmosphere—but at different time scales.

But that’s not really my point. I’ve been around long enough to know things are messed up, that’s my personal observations and truth. Again, personal truth. Having already arrived at that, my mindset is now focused on how I’m going to endure what I see as the last days of abundance. I’m going to try my best to enjoy myself while I still can and would encourage others to do so as well (that’s my point). To that end, I’m waiting on a package of aquarium supplies because I’ve been obsessing over something this thread and WarrenHill inspired a couple weeks ago. I do realise I have an obligation to generations after me and WarrenHill did have a very good point about inventorying what one could do needing to be an ongoing process (least, that was my take away)

Please respect our code of conduct which is simple: don't be a dick.