1x36: Bad Voltage Live at SCaLE 2015

Peppermint. In bar form. :smile:

Any amendment to the review as to the literature on the wrapper? Of course, that is assuming you have taken time to read all that fine print, and there is a lot of it! :smile:

We have a small health food store in our town. When I would need some of Dr. Bronner’s soap, I would ask for the ‘holy roller’ soap, for that is what all that on the wrapper makes me think of! They are patient with me. I’ve only been going there for over 25 years.

We usually get the liquid lavender. It is good soap.

I’ve read the whole damned thing. :smile:

You can read the full version of each label (along with the book) here:

https://www.drbronner.com/our-story/timeline/read-the-moral-abcs/

If anyone else has read them (or parts of them) and would like to discuss it – I’m game. There’s a lot to talk about in there (and not just about the style of the prose).

The lavender is spectacular. I’m a peppermint fan, in general. But the Lavender is great.

@sil I found bugs in Launchpad relating to modes not dissimilar to “developer mode” in Ubuntu, namely lubuntu-software-center package. Which states that there is a general lack of empathy to get n00bs to have the difference.

I do not agree with the comments there, but exchanging ‘dev-mode’ to enabling ‘expert-mode’ threw up some interesting correlations.

It kind of turns the contention on it’s head -Or maybe you don’t agree & I’m see-ing this from ‘Australia’ (again) ?

Ya. Raymond Chen said that Microsoft never added an expert mode to windows because somebody who is an Excel pro will rate themselves expert (which they are)/and then get deluged with information they don’t understand about the GPU performance or the heap manager or Python libraries (which they are not expert in). The dev mode idea we discussed is conceptually the same but philosophically different; it’s not painted as something aspirational like “expert” mode is.

ok, but I still never ‘expertly’ mastered excel, so I think that is a mistake by microsoft.
Also countradictorally experts’ is something that politicians use.