1x21: Everything Old Is Old Again

Well, then we’re in the same place. Nobody is near 100% convinced that it’ll actually happen. We’d like it to happen, and we can’t think of any insurmountable blocking problems. The worst part of all of it is how costly it is to meet the regulatory requirements.

We’re operating under the assumption that even if 25% of the stuff we’re working on ends up being adopted that we’ll leave the Web in a much better place than it is today.

Sorry, I forgot to prefix that with the official phrase “when I’m king I will…” (Sorry
@neuro, no offense)

That I think is a reasonable goal, indeed. Basically, what I want is some way to be able to go to a website and click a button to pay for things – approximately the experience I get on the iOS app store, or a site using Stripe where I’m already registered – but available to everyone without having to set up many accounts and so on… and to be able to sell things to people from websites and mobile apps and desktop apps the same way. To the extent that the web payments group are also working on that, and those are a couple of the use cases, I’m interested in seeing how I can help, hence being on the mailing list and asking questions :smile:

This is what we’re working on. It’s in the critical path of the Web Payments version 1.0 work. The focus is on exactly what you laid out above, so it seems like your desires are aligned with the group’s desires.

After much running around the forum … I found this article on bitcoin.
Apologies if I miss-posted this elsewhere.