Mental Health issues

I’ve long suffered from depression, or something in that vein, as anyone who’s dealt with me since the beginning of my time in the open source community will attest. I’m not nearly as moody, unstable, or downright unpleasant as i used to be (although I still can be for other reasons), because of a lot of things in my life getting better and learning more about myself helps.

Echoing everyone else - I’m not always super useful, but if I can help you, I will.

3 Likes

responding to that with a subreddit-community I discovered three years ago :gift:

as Arnold would say - try the fish !

I poked around that sub because I thought it odd to send anyone to reddit for any sort of mental health effort (redditor for 5 years so not all "ooohhh reddit’s bad " but c’'mon, let’s consider some of the subs there ). Anyhow, my first impression of that was: wetware hack/phishing. I’m not saying the platform and proggys like it are necessarily…but …well,I may just be being hyper vigilant.

//edit: Changed as it was pointed out my original wording was insensitive (not my intent :))

Don’t want to plug-mAGS too much, but if you’ve a favorite good-read on the any of the pointers (.5-.1)
that you suggested (?), I would prefer a private message .
And no unlike phpBB, putting a web-link in a PM isn’t a sign of dissonance or over-exposure :smile:
Reading my message back 15 minutes after written, before I send, makes things more expressive and less ‘impressive’.
Ignore if you think I have gaffe’d.

This pamphlet has been around for yonks but the lengthened hashtags be good this year, if not slightly over-stretched.