The Bad Voltage team are delighted to announce a brand new competition called Mashed Voltage!
The idea is simple. We are big fans of the Creative Commons and Free Culture, and Season 1 Episode 22 will cover the topic of Free Culture in a few ways. As many of you will know, Bad Voltage itself is under a Creative Commons license. This means…you can remix it.
…and this is where the competition comes in.
We are challenging our awesome community with producing a remix comprised of material from the show. That is, use our words, as recorded on the show in some kind of creative way. Ideas could include:
- Construct an absurd conversation between the presenters to mock and humiliate us all.
- Create a clip comprising of every bizarre English statement ever uttered (this idea inspired by Every Arnie Scream From Every Movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aLR-8c11ms)
- Reconstruct the intro from Star Wars with the words spoken by the presenters.
- …insert your wacky idea here.
We will review your entires and judge them based on how creative and amusing they are. We will also play the best ones in the show.
There is a bit of work involved in making a remix so we wanted to provide prizes that are more personal as opposed to just a sponsored prize from someone. Also, we are cheap.
As such, as a prize every presenter on the show will personally mail you something from our houses. This will be a personal keepsake of your rocking achievements to be used as tat for your desk or possibly some kind of creepy Bad Voltage shrine. Your choice!
How To Take Part
Firstly, you will need some audio software to chop things up. There are plenty of free options out there (such as Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).
Go and construct your clip and when you have it, this is how you take part:
- Save it in MP3 or Ogg format.
- Post your clip online somewhere. SoundCloud, put it in DropBox, share it on your website…wherever, but put it online so you can share it with others.
- Create a post here on the forum and use the
Mashed Voltage category. In your post provide a link to the clip. Feel free to provide some background info on the clip.
Feel free to use audio that isn’t on the show (e.g. music or other snippets) so long as it is compatible with our license (Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike).
You can submit as many clips as you like, and the deadline for submissions is Sep 17th 2014.
As ever, there are rules:
- Our decision is final.
- Entries that are not MP3 or Ogg won’t be counted.
- Please make sure you create a post for your entry and use the
Mashed Voltage category - if we don’t see your entry, it won’t count, and creating the post with that category will make sure we see it.
- You can’t use someone else’s remix that you see on the forum in your own remix. Please make sure your remix is original.
- Bryan must be mocked in some capacity or form. This isn’t really a rule, but we would prefer that.