Chef Watson is coming

IBM is working on the Chef Watson app. It takes Bon Appitit’s database of recipes and can generate a considerable number of possible recipes from that. One can adjust how classic or novel a recipe can be. Are cooks ready for this? I’m interested to hear @jeremy thoughts on this. I think I’ll wait to hear how it has worked for others when it’s released, but if it works, I think it would be exciting.

Looks interesting. I’ve signed up for the beta.

–jeremy

A review on the show would be appropriate I would think, if it’s ready that is.

Anything is possible…

–jeremy

I don’t think it’s old enough to qualify for a Bad Voltage review. Maybe a Julia Childs book…

1 Like

Well, to be fair he did ask me to review it and not Jono.

1 Like

Oh, that’s a good point. I missed that somehow. Yes. Jeremy can review it.

Maybe in the show after that, Jono can review the Dead Sea Scrolls.

1 Like

Bronze. Is it all it’s cracked up to be? Find out on the next Bad Voltage.

–jeremy

3 Likes

This entire topic made me LOL. You are both dicks.

Finally the old Stallman hack about sharing recipies has fallen from an FSF analogy to Micro$oft.

An open source version of this exists somewhere … I’m sure.

As a caveat, I’m not a hippie (I like chill-out) .

Just remembered the project and saw that it is running. https://www.ibmchefwatson.com/

I can see how easily to waste an afternoon just seeing what it makes up. And it asks for input so that it can grow in making combinations. Very interesting, for me, so far. But, I have just found it, so I haven’t actually tried any recipes.

Anyone try it? @jeremy maybe?

While I initially signed up for the beta, I haven’t been able to give it a proper look unfortunately.

I haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

I dont get why IBM makes these things. Does this help sell more mainframes???

I was kind of wondering the same. They made Watson to win Jeopardy, and it did hands down, a great PR event for IBM. Perhaps it was a matter of “We made this awesome machine, we can’t go play Jeopardy anymore, now what do we do with it?” Are they working towards the development of an AI?