Bryan is Moving on to Pastures New

I’ve been behind on my podcasts, so this hit me today. Yikes! You will be missed, Bryan! Best of luck on your new show!

I know the rest of the team says they’re in no hurry to replace you, but I think someone else as focused on free software, freedom from digital rights management, and privacy rights would be good. My views on software and ethics overlap a lot with those of Stuart, Jono, and Jeremy, but I think they’re a little too comfortable playing ball with Apple, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, and Sony for my tastes.

Agreed. We are eager to have people on to call us on our bullshit. This is why we are going to be having a series of guest presenters who we want to challenge us not just on those topics, but others too. Thanks!

Agree with the many sentiments above, you will be dearly missed @bryanlunduke! While some may have questioned your craziness (I too had several “wtf” moments), I always have and will continue to enjoy it. You continue to challenge what it means to be an open source user, which creates a more vibrant and resourceful community. In short, you make Linux fun.

I greatly look forward to your future adventures in open source!

P.S: I always have the image of you wearing a tin foil hat during podcasts :wink:

What a coincidence, because I love calling you guys on your bullshit! :wink:

1 Like