Ben Francis. Dude

I met @benfrancis while on a trip to Mozilla and I just wanted to share that he is as much of a dude as he appears on the forum. Was great to catch up, Ben.

2 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen.

Sadly, didn’t get a pic. Really should have done.

Even in the Matrix?

This is, for @benfrancis, unfortunate. According to the rules of “pics or it didn’t happen” – which are strictly enforced – Ben has been found to not actually exist.

Better luck in the next Universe, Ben.

Flicking through the photos I took whilst in Whistler the other week I just stumbled across this one, which quite clearly shows @jonobacon gatecrashing Mozilla’s party at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre.

Had I realised at the time that Jono was in the picture I would certainly have flipped the camera round into selfie mode to capture this moment, but alas I did not. So you’re just going to have to take my word for it that I took the photo.

In fact it wasn’t until later in the evening that I noticed, at a distance, a man who looked remarkably like Jono wearing a Mozilla badge (apparently some poor misguided soul did actually invite him). I turned to my colleague and said “that guy is the spitting image of Jono Bacon, who is he?”. The man then started walking in my direction, at which point I realised that it was in fact Mr Jono Bacon himself.

And so it was that we got to have a good natter while the sun went down over the Canadian mountains. Anyway, it was great to see you Jono, I hope you enjoyed the free (as in beer) beer!

Ben

It was a blast, @benfrancis!

Consider your word taken!

Unrelated side note: This picture proves that Elvis Presley is alive and living in Bogata. And he just adopted this adorable little guy. His name is Mittens.

I just wanted to high-five you for this. In my mind it was read with the most sultry, “I’m telling you a sexy story right now” voice my imagination could muster.

1 Like