Bad Voltage Live @ SCALE in Los Angeles on Fri 20th Feb 2015

I am delighted to share that the Bad Voltage team will be assembling together in Los Angeles at the awesome SCALE conference on Friday 20th Feb 2015 for our very first live show!

It will be the first time all of us have actually been in the same room together. We will be doing a full live show with plenty of audience interaction, fun discussion, giveaways, and more. Our aim is to make this a truly special, one-of-a-kind Bad Voltage show, that will be a blast to be at.

The entire show will be filmed and released for those of you who can’t join us at SCALE, but we hope to see as many of you there as possible!

There are two things we want to get your feedback on

1. What kind of ideas do you have for fun things for us to discuss and do. Remember, we are in a live situation, with a live audience that we could incorporate into the show. Ideas are welcome!
  2. Although we have the slot confirmed, we need to find around $2000 to cover the travel costs to get the team together in LA. Now, we could approach sponsors, maybe crowdfund this, or other options, but what ideas do you have for us to raise the money?

This is going to rock, my friends. :slight_smile:

So this has already happened has it? I assume you mean 2015, please confirm.

Fixed. Yes, it is 2015. :smile:

You were looking for creative ideas regarding that $2000. What abour air miles? I recently flew someone from Omaha, US to London Heathrow for 30,000 United Mileage Plus air miles. That’s the super-cheap version, not available at all times and on all flights. I suspect quite a lot of free software geeks working for remote companies like Mozilla travel a lot (I do about 30,000 miles a year - two trips to the US plus a few other places). Is there someone out there with enough air miles to fly Stuart to LA?

In terms of things to do in the show, how about a “live” review - that is, one person gets given a new device that morning (which they didn’t know about until the day), and they have to use it during the day and then tell everyone about it on the show that evening. For this to work, it would need to be a device useful at a conference, such as a phone or camera.

Gerv