Bad Voltage as Top Gear

Totally agree…and everyone else…please feel free to chip in! :slight_smile:

tux racer times

2 Likes

You really, really, really, really shouldn’t be allowed near a command line.

Pro-tip: p preserves permissions, same as cp, scp, rsync and a bunch of other stuff.

1 Like

2 Likes

Well played, sir. Well played. :slight_smile:

Shit, Stig is here.

Now if the original question was
"enter a correct cpio command" what would be a challenge.

(yes I’m that old I remember cpio)

Ah, being on Top Gear’s not hard. :slight_smile:

How about quizzing them on the contents of the guests wikipedia page, and the correct answer is what is on the page, not what they say is correct…

Considering that only 2 of the 4 hosts have their own wikipedia page (shame on you, wikipedia, shame on you), that’s probably setting the bar for suitable guests a little bit too high. I mean, Chris Fisher doesn’t have his own wiki page and we all know @bryanlunduke would not agree to scratch him of the list with potential guests.

Can’t you just use Top Gear as the inspiration and get the guests to do a lap on some random racing game? It’s been so long since i’ve actually looked at any racing games I have no idea what’s good or bad so I’m afraid I don’t actually have any suggestions for the game to pick, but it’s something to discuss maybe?

Not sure it’d make for good radio…

Recording the laps and posting the links here would be quite cool, although a lot of work from all involved!

I realize this is pretty old, but hey I’m new. I like the wikepedia idea above, but pretty soon everyone will just research themselves before the show. But everyone (like driving) knows how to internets and google. So…the race is to find some obscure fact on the internet. Googlefu in 60 seconds. Something like 'When was the phrase ‘Bent over a barrel’ first used in literature?", then play some spoon music for a minute. It’s pass/fail and we can all follow along.

2 Likes

You just blew us all to hell. You forgot the dash. tar -x...

Don’t need the dash. Haven’t for years :slight_smile: