1x72: Walking into Trees

YEP. Bingo. This is a huge problem. This is a surveilance wet dream. It’s almost too perfect. If I were the CIA I would definitely make sure I invested money into the team that would build something like this.

… Oh, wait.

I am a subscriber to Google Play, and have really loved it. The combination of being able to upload a lot of my collection, and be able to play any of their 35 million songs is great. My daughters can mention something I don’t own, and we can find it. I can randomly sample music without having to buy it, which is always fun. It has been wonderful for road trips, and driving in general.

Also, mentioned during the episode, but not talked about much is the fact that a Youtube Red subscription comes with the Google Music subscription. While I lived with commercials on Youtube for years without complaint, I am really happy that my daughters don’t have to watch commercials. Last year my 11 year old went on a NFL football highlights kick. In general ads for football are aimed at 20 something men. My daughter doesn’t need to see that. Ad free Youtube is huge. One subscription price for both services is a great deal.

Its the Gaming services like Steam that worry me rather than Music. I think the music services will last a bit longer than Steam as well technically they are alot simpler. Windows new sandbox mode which is enticing Development Companies to make Steam incompatible games is concerning as well as Micro$ofts likely plan of cobbling Steam via Windows Updates. I have a large collection of Steam games and fewer and fewer of the new releases seem Linux compatible. Steam which basically is a rental service as well could well disappear talking billions of pounds of purchased software with it…GOG anyone

You think? I’m finding more and more Steam games for Linux that I want to buy…

You think? I’m finding more and more Steam games for Linux that I want to buy.

Maybe I’m wrong there most indie titles are on it but I was disappointed recently with games such as “Her Story” even though they are available on android are only available on Windows. There quite a few android titles available on Windows bit not Linux

Big titles like Dark Souls 3, etc … no chance

I’d kill for that, but YouTube Red isn’t available in the UK yet. Like Comixology Unlimited. Bastards.

Same here, I’ve called and have been called bymultiple people that way.

I can’t sleep at the moment, early hours of the morning here in the UK, but as a result I’m watching you-tube.

Just seen two videos where people have made certain pokemon hot sites more interesting by adding rare pokemon to see the results. In both cases these were not not the best part of town and it was fairly late at night. The videos I watched were US based but I’m sure the same phenomenon would be true here in the UK and probably several parts of the world.

Video 1: finds a pre-teen girl being led in to a dark field by a twenty-something boy to catch the elusive creature.

Video 2: finds a 40 something man with an early teen boy under similar circumstances.

I don’t know any exact ages so these are guesses based on my opinions and in both cases if I am to believe the videos the perpetrators used the victims own phones, which they could of easily stolen (and done much worse) to call there parents and get them back into a safe situation.

Clearly we have an issue where have to encourage a greater degree of scepticism when it comes to what is and not safe and I find myself (again) agreeing with @bryanlunduke that if I wanted to commit massive surveillance of the population this is just the app I would write.

Because of the way capacitive touchscreens work, there is no actual contact with the surface required. Proximity is close enough, especially in a material with thin layers (like most pockets are made of) or any other conditions that make things change capacitance. It’s fairly simple for a touchscreen to accidentally dial still. Hell, the fingerprint sensor on my 5X gets triggered in my pocket occasionally!

Whoah. Be careful, man. At this rate you’ll be agreeing with me on everything soon…

Relax we still have plenty to disagree about, Immunisation and Israel for a start. :sunglasses:

My guess is we don’t actually disagree on either of those general topics. :slight_smile: