Welcome and Introductions!

I’m not that new in this community, but never introduced myself.

So, my name is Scharel.
I’m studying electrical engineering at the Munich University of Applied Sciences.
I’m a persuaded Ubuntu user (standard Ubuntu, with Unity!), that’s why I followed Jono on Twitter and that’s how I first heard of Bad Voltage.

Because I really like the show and I wanted to get in development of SailfishOS apps I wrote a Bad Voltage app.

Now I should stop writing here and learn for my exams :wink:

Yeah. We cuddle.

1 Like

Hi All. My name is Nathan and well I am a technical hobbyist by night, an IT Manager by day (so I can pay the bills…) and husband and father of 2. I have recently got back into hobby electronics after 15years……man if you work your way into management and blink 10+years have passed by. Anyway some things have changed like now we ‘hack’ things, UAVs are drones and bulletin boards are communities? but in the end a resistor is still a resistor and an ‘if/then/else’ statement is still the same….hardware & software is a great equaliser for all.

Anyhoo BadVoltage introduction was via TheAmpHour podcast that I also follow. You got me at that catchy intro music and then spiced it up with an eclectic range of topics intertwined with some diverse opinions. I did get confused with this poetry and Haiku stuff (had to look up the meaning of Haiku) but am coming around cause it is very creative and humanising?

Did I mention the catchy intro music… so yeah I will be tuning in now as a regular.

1 Like

Howdy, Nathan! Welcome aboard!

Guess I should jump on this thread…

I’m Tim, live in Texas, love open source and tech subjects. I just jumped on the podcast for the past three episodes. I really have enjoyed it. Great job!

1 Like

Welcome, Tim!

Hi,

I’m not new but just realised I’ve never introduced myself.

I’m a programmer for embedded systems, Long time Linux user and currently a resident of the Tower of London thanks to @neuro. Don’t tell him I’ve worked out how to post again, oops!! I think I just may have.

1 Like

Right, those bloody Beefeaters are getting the fucking sack! PHILIP, GET ME GROUP 4’S PHONE NUMBER!

1 Like

I love you man. Even if I am in solitary at the moment

Hi there, I’m new - I’m Chris Woods. I’m currently a researcher at Intel Labs working on all things cloudy by day, and by night I’m a coder. Before I got into clouds I was doing all things mobile (Symbian - RIP). Previously a LUGRadio listener.

Welcome, @WarrenHill and @mcwoods!

I just generally go by my own name, makes is easier to keep up whit my identity. Long time podcast listener, consumer of entertainment, good argumentation and valid opinions. Graduated from School of Life and have a degrade from University of Hard Knocks. I like to think that I am a cynic, in the classic sense of the word (like a dog), and sort of live by the words of Charles Bukowski: “Find what you love and love it till it kills you”.
born, breed and raised in Aarhus, Denmark, where I live.

Welcome! Good to have a fellow alumnus around! I graduated Suma Cum Loudly myself!

4 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m Dragoljub (try to pronounce that right :))…
I come from nowhere, and I’m going nowhere, so here I am. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

easy. Dragoljub. no prob

2 Likes

o/ I am as of writing this the newest member of the Bad Voltage Community on this site and I have an several occasions threatened on G+ to actually listen to an episode. I still plan on actually doing so… soon…

1 Like

Enjoy. Vote :slight_smile:

Hello I am justcarakas on IRC but IRL I go by the name Jelmer
I’m an app-dev and am a PHP-dev at my daytime job
I’ve been following bad voltage from the beginning but only recently registered here
so
Hellow all :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Thor from Belgium. I’m just a Linux desktop & open-source enthusiast (nothing program-y yet). I discovered the show via Bryan’s G+.

I’m 18 and atm I’m doing an awfully dull and repetitive administrative student job. The past two days I’ve been listening pretty much non stop to the podcast… it makes the job almost fun :smiley: (although I got some weird looks from colleagues while I was trying to hold back my laughter).

In a month I’m starting with a bachelor in Computer Science at the University of Louvain. Being able to contribute to open-source software was actually one of my main motivations to try this instead of a program from some kind of web/multimedia-design school.

5 Likes

I know the feeling. I will, sometimes, listen to mp3’s of a decades old radio show, The Jack Benny Show. I will be standing where I’m working just laughing away. Now I usually get strange looks anyway, but the others are really wondering what is going on with me. It’s fun.

3 Likes