Have you seen Mr. Robot!

I am not allowed to watch episodes beyond 1x02 because I started watching it with my daughter and now we have to watch all episodes together…!

One episode aside, Mr. Robot tends to end very well. I don’t watch many TV shows regularly, but this is on the short list.

–jeremy

1 Like

This show is absolutely brilliant. Not just for a show about hacking - for me it’s up there with Breaking Bad and The Wire when it’s at its best. Can’t wait for the final episode on Wednesday.

A quick question: How ‘family friendly’ is this show? Something safe to watch with the kids?(I hope)

It’s not suitable for young children, but teenagers and up would possibly be ok. Drug addiction and severe mental health episodes feature prominently in the show, and there is plenty of swearing. It’s probably comparable in terms of content with Breaking Bad, I hope that’s a useful comparison for you.

3 Likes

The finale is delayed till next week, due to the shooting that’s making news over there :frowning: I was feeling inconvenienced for a second or two until I thought about what that meant.

1 Like

It’s quite fun to watch, you still have to take some of the sterotypical ‘hacker culture’ witha pinch of salt, but as TV shows goes it’s pretty good.

It’s also nice to enjoy a well written TV drama heavily using technical terms without explaining them,

Pretty good TV show indeed…

Did you notice about the invalid IP addr in episode 1??

373?? wtf? :smile:

2 Likes

Think of them as like “555” phone numbers.

Mr. Robot was exceptionally good, and apparently it’s been renewed already for a second season. I’m looking forward to a Blu Ray release so that the stronger swear words which USA Network blanked out are restored.

Amazing. Just amazing. Can’t wait for S2.

As a new member, I hope this is right. If not severe chastisement is expected.

The last time I watched TV except for the rare game or in the bar, was the last episode of the best show ever - The Gong Show. TV is a wasteland.

2 Likes

That’s crazy talk @tnaser! TV is undergoing a renaissance right now, which seems to be the opposite of what is happening with cinema or as Mark Kermode would say, Cinemarrr. So many spectacular dramas from a huge number of internet/cable networks around, it’s hard to find the time to watch them all.

Also, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

Obigitory Link to Mark Kermode (not the guy who’s in the ra). http://www.theguardian.com/profile/markkermode

Guess, the question is - what do you watch it on ?

saw this video:
Skip to 8m59s.

ONLY NINETY-FIVE MEG FILE SIZE!?

neuro@intrepid:/data/media/TV Shows/Mr. Robot$ du -h * 316M Mr. Robot - 01x01 - eps1.0_hellofriend.mov.mp4 728M Mr. Robot - 01x02 - eps1.1_ones-and-zer0es.mpeg.mkv 659M Mr. Robot - 01x03 - eps1.2_d3bug.mkv.mkv 725M Mr. Robot - 01x04 - eps1.3_da3m0ns.mp4.mkv 654M Mr. Robot - 01x05 - eps1.4_3xpl0its.wmv.mkv 649M Mr. Robot - 01x06 - eps1.5_br4ve-trave1er.asf.mkv 725M Mr. Robot - 01x07 - eps1.6_v1ew-s0urce.flv.mkv 755M Mr. Robot - 01x08 - eps1.7_wh1ter0se.m4v.mkv 748M Mr. Robot - 01x09 - eps1.8_m1rr0r1ng.qt.mkv

Just started watching it, I didn’t realise I’d actually have to take acid for it to make sense.

Tolja. The bloke’s a nutter, no matter whether he knows what KDE is or not.

Watched all of season 1. Pretty good but it does feel kinda dark. Most realistic show I’ve seen when it comes to the actual tech side of things, unlike other shows I could mention cough CSI: Cyber cough :smile:

1 Like

neither did I @joe but mozilla just saved xmas.

It’s already three seasons in…and yeah it does get waaaay better :slight_smile:

Well, it’s certainly not this

And I sure as f&ck wouldn’t take a 'family friendly" recommend from me, but honestly, it’s got to be one of the best portrayals of a strong relationship between siblings I have ever seen. Family friendly in the traditional sense? Certainly not! If I had kids would I want them to see it? If around 9 or older, absolutely yes!

1 Like