Eelo, Another Android Based OS

Gaël Duval, the creator of Mandrake Linux, is developing an OS, forked from LineageOS. His concern is not being tied with Google for everything. He is running a Kickstarter campaign to fund his effort.

Will this one gain traction?

1 Like

At 2:37 the dude says Halo or eelo - me thinks that @ubports is gonna go nuts over this.

Oh wait that’s halium, not Halo

If android drivers only last two years - how long shall it be before I have to update the keyring on this thing ?

That’s a pretty blatant copy of the iOS UI.

and frankly ~ I don’t care if it is.

You are right, it has buttons. I like buttons. People are always saying that I’m pushing their buttons. :smile:

Apple’s lawyers might.

It has icons that are carbon copies of iOS app icons. It’s pretty fucking blatant.

I’m sorry, my self depreciating humor here could be taken as flippancy. My fault.

However, doesn’t that saying go “imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery”? I never understood that. ‘sincere flattery’ seems like an oxymoron to me.

I will admit, all this importance placed on the design of buttons, excuse me, icons, seems a bit silly to me. But what would you expect out of s simple old man? :slightly_smiling_face:

notice given 28 hours remaining.

Screenshot_2018-01-19_09-14-44