Battlefield 4 on PS4 Gaming

Last night I was playing Battlefield 4 (a game I reviewed in http://www.badvoltage.org/2014/04/10/1x13/) and I was live streaming it. @neuro tuned in and he just bought a PS4 and we were discussing getting together a Bad Voltage Battlefield 4 on PS4 gaming group.

Now, I have no idea if anyone else has BF4 on PS4, but if you do, respond here and we can see what works best for everyone.

Thanks!

1 Like

I’d just like to point out that this was the worst live stream I’ve ever tuned into. I don’t mean Jono’s live stream sucked, I mean it was financially the worst one I’ve watched.

I got a Ustream notification that Jono was online and streaming, so I thought “excellent, let’s see what weird PS4 game Jono is playing tonight”, because the last time it was some crazy survival horror thingamabob where you end up hiding under beds and stuff.

And lo, Jono was playing Battlefield 4, a game I know well … reasonably well, a game whose predecessors I know very very well (not all of them, but most of them: BFBC, BF1943, BFBC2, BF3). And by God, Jono needs some help with it :slight_smile: Now, I haven’t played anything on a console for a while, other than some extended late night FIFA14 seshes at a mate’s, mainly due to being busy at work. But watching Jono playing, having some Xbox 360 BF3 mates transition to PS4 rather than Xbox One, and after watching some 4K shenanigans on YouTube (mainly FRANKIEonPCin1080p and blackmesatech) earlier in the week … I snapped.

So in a fit of “oh, this credit card isn’t doing much at the moment” pique, this happened:

DAMN YOU, JONO! shakes fist

To summarise then: Jono has been playing BF4 on PS4. I will be doing the same from tomorrow night. Jono is in California, I am in the UK, so as a compromise to the gods of latency, we’ll probably be playing on some US East servers. I suspect a [BV] clan tag could easily be used (although I’ll likely play with my [WCo] “Worst Company” clan tag I’ve been playing with for years). We could schedule games on here. We could squad up and cause some carnage on the battlefield.

COME ON MARINES, SADDLE UP! GET ON THE READY LINE! MOVE IT OUT, MOVE IT OUT, MOVE IT OUT! HAH HOOAH HAH HOOAH HAH HOOAH HAH! GRRRRRRR, ABSOLUTELY BAD VOLTAGE BAD ASSES!

1 Like

I have a ps4 but personally I have little interest in shooters, only really caring about resistance and infamous, and I don’t play them online, ok I played the first resistance online like 5 times, its awful, but so good, probably because it was the first game I ever played online!

Much kudos to you, @neuro, and welcome to the PS4 club! :slight_smile:

In terms of timing, are late evenings OK for you? I just need to figure out a time when we can play. :slight_smile:

Note that I didn’t just buy it because you have one, in case your ego gets a bit out of control :wink:

Yeah, probably. It depends what my workload is like on a given day, so tonight for me is cool, for example (already up to rank 3, still getting used to the different controller layout), while tomorrow night maybe not so much, as I have a new mail relay to observe at silly o’clock :slight_smile:

There are occasions where I finish up work for the day, grab a bite and crash out until midnight, 1am, then faff about til 9am so it’s possible some late nightage is doable as well :wink: