Bad Voltage play list

Hey @jonobacon , guess what band is on stage soon \m/

No, I donā€™t remember when this was released!

Slight change to to the rules - You donā€™t have to link to them all but if you want to feel free

Pick three tracks:

1. Heritage Track - This is not necessarily one you would have picked for your self but has special meaning to you because a of a link to your parents, grandparents or other older family member

2. Legacy Track - You want to pass this on to your kids, grand kids, etc.

3. Guilty Pleasure - Canā€™t think why it works for you but must be part of your life

Iā€™ll start with my list

Heritage Track: Has to be Summertime, originally from the Gershwin musical ā€œPorgy and Bessā€ but I donā€™t think Janice Joplin can be beaten here.

Legacy Track: Patience of Angels, Boo Hewerdine,

Guilty Pleasure
Hit me with your rhythm stick, Ian Dury

Hi Bryan itā€™s great to see such a musical taste expressed If we were to spend an evening playing each other what we think is great music I am sure you would play me some stuff I hate and I would play you some stuff you hate but there is much we would both love.

This emphasises a point I made at the start of this topic there are only two types of music: good and bad. Sometimes our views overlap, others they differ but this a choice we should each make for ourselves

1 Like

Heritage Track

Legacy Track

Guilty Pleasure

Hi @joe Legacy track is great, Feeder are brilliant too. I would not have chosen your ā€œGuilty Pleasureā€ but the point here is we are look for what works for us. If what what works fir you doesnā€™t work for me:

Why should I care?

Ahh, itā€™s so rare to find Feeder fans, Iā€™m glad at least one person knows who they are :slight_smile:

Edit: sorry I missed the new rules.

3 of my more recent playlist additions

Herritage: I can still hear my dad singing along with this

Legacy:

Guilty Pleasure. Actually, I was tempted to use this for the heritage. My grandmother loved Lawrence Welk. I would love to be able to sit with her now and watch it. Yes, his show was cheesy to say the least (although the early black and whites werenā€™t so bad) and he ran his show in a way that would make any third world dictator look timid, but his orchestra was great. Not a few musicians started there.

Hey! If weā€™re gonna have Rat Pack songs, then Dean M isnā€™t a patch on the finest song by the finest singer.

I know there has been touchy, difficult subjects tackled on BV before. At the risk of starting something highly controversial, perhaps big enough to take down BV, I sayā€¦

Deano sang better than Frankie. And Buddy. :smile:

3 Likes

I was listening to one of my favorite piano sonatas, Moonlight Sonata by ole Ludwig and, when listening to one of the later movements, I wondered how that would translate to guitar. I found this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6rBK0BqL2w

Wow, that young girl can play! Just love how she looks bored.

I asked my wife what she thought Ludwig would think of it. She thought he would love it. Then, Iā€™m thinking he wasnā€™t too far from qualifying for an 80ā€™s hair band. :smile:

Has anyone here played a classical piece in a similar manner? @jonobacon?

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I would be surprised if @jonobacon has not played a least some classical music in the past as from what I have seen online he is clearly talented, even if we have significantly different musical tastes.

Recently I found my self playing ā€œEine Kiiene Nachtmusikā€ with my daughter.

ā€œLittle Night Musicā€ for those who like me need German to be translsted.

I love Mozart. I would have enjoyed listening to your family concert!

Sorry I hadnā€™t replied either till now. Ever since getting in the habit of picking things out of others collections at random in the days of napsterā€¦I pretty much listen to anything. Really. The last thing that made me go ā€˜wowā€™ though was Animals by Tom Delonge (formally of blink-182). Itā€™s a couple years old but I found it just recently because he won UFO researcher of the year 2017 and I figured Iā€™d check out some of his stuff I hadnā€™t heard before. Iā€™m really fond of it.
https://youtu.be/s91Yi7eGi_c