Closed: Bad Voltage Photography Competition

I have not cleared this with anyone but looking at pictures from the evidence of a thread I started Views from my walk from work today it appears we have at least a few decent photographers amongst us.

So I am announcing a new competition Bad Voltage Photography

The rules:

• It must be your own work.
  • It does not have to promote Bad Voltage but if it does that will earn bonus bonus points.

Subject: Wildlife or Landscape

Post your entries as a reply to this thread before the end of November. The staff @jonobacon, @sil, @jeremy, @joe and myself will pick a shortlist and we will have a poll to choose the eventual winner.

The prize: a name check on the show.

I’ll throw mine into the hat, even if it can’t be entered :blush:

This is the metro in Chicago from last week:

6848CEA1-F56A-44F7-9DB7-997FC73E9D67

7 Likes

I don’t see why your entry can’t be entered since the final winner will not be picked by the Bad Voltage staff but the entire community, via a poll.

I like this picture and look forward to seeing what others can offer.

1 Like

20150921_070933

Foggy Morning at Oasis State Park Clovis NM

8 Likes

I love this - get your pictures in, folks! Thanks, @WarrenHill, for kicking this off!

2 Likes

The Shropshire Hills. Shropshire, UK. Taken June last year on a walk with some friends.
IMG_20160730_160414

6 Likes

My idiotic dog on an ancient looking stone bridge.
Uppermill, Lancashire, UK.

IMG_20170826_182752

7 Likes

Feel free to disqualify this for having nothing whatsoever to do with the brief of Wildlife and Landscape.
Took this in The Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, which I believe is not far from where Mr @sil lives. http://www.bmag.org.uk
I got one or two odd looks as I had to lie down on the floor to capture this one. My boys in the background.
IMG_20170103_135228

3 Likes

For this particular competition I feel this is off-topic but we will have other competitions so may be suitable for future ones.

You are correct @sil lives in or around Birmingham. I think I could narrow that search slightly but clearly I have no intention to. I couldn’t direct you to his house or flat, but if I could it’s not something that is going to happen.

Edited:
Sorry @sil I sort of implied I might give your address away because the previous version of this had a double negative. Obviously this is not what I meant to say.

I wouldn’t mind knowing what gear was used for photos.

OK,you should post too but I’ll start

Ifracoombe, North Devon, UK
Kit Nikon D80, 135 mm lens /f8 exposure 1/125s

For everyone else, if you have f numbers etc. some of us might be interested but it is not a requirement for the competition,

This is about images and if it works for you I am happy with a shoebox pin-hole camera, a compac or anything else.

Go for it - What can you do?

3 Likes

I’m looking, I’m looking. :slight_smile:

Absolutely. I like being impressed with quality photos from humble equipment.

Some wetlands were flooded years ago.

Fuji S6000FD 1/800s f8

Edit: There is nothing I have that can hold a candle to what has already been posted. So, I post anyway because it’s fun and hope that my humble efforts encourage others not to be shy about posting. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was playing with my iPhone 5s outside my shop.
IMG_0225

5 Likes

chicago

5 Likes

My Misty photo was taken with a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Nothing fancy and then cropped the photo and went B & W in Gimp.

1 Like

Back o’ the van.

The view from our home office window one morning last summer:

0622160542a_HDR

And from our barn last December:

0120161415d - Copy

4 Likes

Water of Leith flowing through the campus of Otago University under the clock tower, Dunedin, New Zealand.

7 Likes

Sent from ubports phone, today.

image20171121_121153209

3 Likes