A note from Zeetings

Hey guys,

Thanks for the review on your show. Good discussion around the use of phones in presentations. We got your feedback loud and clear on the Video, interestingly enough our new website is coming out next week. No video! :smile:

Andrew Dent
CTO
www.zeetings.com
Be Remarkable
m. +61405973519
e. [email protected]

View my recent article - When new wave met Powerpoint

Looking forward to the new website :slight_smile: It’s lovely when our feedback is listened to, certainly!

@Andrew_Dent one of the things we were a little short on was inspiration for how Zeetings would be used, as you’ve heard. Perhaps you’ve got some better examples which don’t disrupt the flow of a talk?

I was thinking on that, if you make the slide before interaction a QR code and just have them scan it it would be much easier than having them enter a url. Not a perfect solution but a bit better.

I’m not sure it would; I don’t think that most people have a QR code reader installed…

True, it would have to be a particular audience that would make the QR method viable. But for the right tech minded audience I can see it working.

Look the ‘people on their phone’ thing is something we hear a lot. The way I personally feel about this is that people are going to be on the phones wether you like it or not. There is a backchannel going in your presentation, so why not get ahead of it, and channel that energy back into your prezo. Clearly polls are a great way to understand how your audience is thinking. Also, Q&A. Many people are too shy to ask questions in a presentation, using Zeetings you can uplift the quality of your Q&A. Just a few thoughts.

That’s fair, and there has always been the backchannel (as we talked about in the show). But the backchannel is like it is precisely because it’s a back channel – that is: the presenter isn’t seeing it live and in real time. I certainly think it’s worthwhile trying to capture people’s attention while on stage, and if you have questions to ask of the audience, having a more convenient way to do so is a thoroughly good idea. But, as @jeremy said, I can ask people to put their hands up for that, no? (And that fits into the KAV theory of learning, too.) I shall try Zeetings out at a talk that I do, and I know @jonobacon has already done so and has done so more since the show was recorded – I’d be interested to hear how that went!

We used it at XPRIZE Visioneering a few weeks back and it seemed to work pretty well. There are a few tweaks which I am sure @Andrew_Dent has already got feedback on from the XPRIZE team. Overall, a nice solution. :slight_smile:

Hey @sil

Our new website is live thanks in no small part to your harassment!

check it out www.zeetings.com

thanks for the help
Andrew Dent

Andrew Dent
CTO
www.zeetings.com8
Be Remarkable
m. +61405973519
e. [email protected]

Yay! That’s lots better. Nice one, Zeetings team. @jeremy this is much improved!

Very much improved, indeed.

–jeremy