1x73: DEET Ox

Sometimes I will hear the message notification sound and my wife will ask if I’m going to get it. When I say that I will, when I get up, she asks ‘what if it’s important?’ I say that they have my number and if it’s that important, why aren’t they calling me? It is rare that it can’t wait.

While I’m not a Luddite, I must say that, sometimes, there is a certain attraction to being one.

Aah, so the sender gets told, after sending a message, that the receiver is in “focus mode”, and gets a button saying “override focus mode and send it now”? That makes more sense. I do believe most of my mates would press the button anyway in order to mildly annoy me, but maybe you all have better mates. Anyway, this idea is not a bad one, I think, but I also think that it would need individual support in every application ever to happen and therefore it is very unlikely to happen. (Without that, it’d be possible for me as a receiver to implement a “focus mode” for everything, but people sending me messages would never see the “Stuart’s in focus mode: override?” reply.)