1x40: Zero-Dollar Energy

My biggest issue with saying that we should just allow everyone to make the decision that’s best for their family is that, to be honest, most of the people I’ve met with kids who they’re seriously considering not vaccinating also tend to be people I wouldn’t let pick my sandwich. Most people don’t have enough of a background in statistics/science to make an actual informed decision, and so for us to say we should leave it up to them when there are actual expert-created guidelines for the standards seems lacking, at best.

If people could be expected to use all relevant information and act entirely and completely rationally, it would be different, but saying that we should let people making the decision that’s best for their family, when many people don’t actually have those resources available to make an actual informed decision, is just plain stupid. Of course, I don’t agree with the creation of a vaccination police force, but if we want to allow people to make that decision, it only makes sense that we work to improve education.

3 Likes