1x16: Forgotten to be Right

And so it begins.

This doesn’t really make or un-make your argument. But, regardless, I think it blows donkey chunks.

Is that chunks of donkey or chunks that come out of a donkey?

Also, we need to get a handle on this strange donkey obsession we all seem to have. If we don’t it might make us look like asses.

…a…a…a…fankyouverymuch!

1 Like

You’ve now said that on the Internet. And it will never be forgotten. (Unless you’re in Europe.)

@jonobacon said: “we need to get a handle on this strange donkey obsession we all seem to have”

Maybe it’s something deeply rooted in our souls since childhood.

Could that donkey be Eeyore?

To what I understand to be Jono’s point: http://www.wired.com/2014/07/google-right-to-be-forgotten-censorship-is-an-unforgettable-fiasco/

The Guardian: Google accidentally reveals data on ‘right to be forgotten’ requests shows that “95% of Google privacy requests are from citizens out to protect personal and private information – not criminals, politicians and public figures”. So, we may still have disagreements about whether it’s a good idea, but the concern that such a law would be flagrantly misused by public figures attempting to sweep things under the carpet which ought to be publicly known… seems not to have arisen. Instead, it’s about people attempting to restore themselves some measure of personal privacy: that is, it’s being used for what it was intended for. I for one am pleased.

“Only 1,892 requests – less than 1% of the overall total – were successful for the four remaining issue types identified within Google’s source code: “serious crime” (728 requests), “public figure” (454), “political” (534) or “child protection” (176) – presumably because they concern victims, incidental witnesses, spent convictions, or the private lives of public persons.”

That was encouraging that there were so many rejections within these categories. The only troubling word in the paragraph is “presumably”, which I, for one, would like to give Google the benefit of the doubt here.

Edit: Actually, I was surprised as to how many rejections there are in the private personal category. It would be interesting to see Google’s criteria.